September 19, 2011

Preface to this week's email: Brad wrote to me on Saturday and told me that he's been experiencing some open sores in his mouth and his body aches and is swollen, etc.. They think he may have Lupus - please keep him in your prayers! 
Mama,
I told you to not worry about me! Yeah, I'm hurting, and my body isn't working right, but I've still been able to work and do day to day things. The mission nurse is taking care of me. I am going to see the Lupus specialist tomorrow morning. Her name is Dr. Flower at Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Me and my companion have been teaching a woman who has lupus, and she told Dr. Flower about me. Dr. Flower said that she would put off all her other appointments to see me, so I'm going to be well taken care of. Unfortunately we do not have Dr. Pepper here in Barbados. You'll only find that in Trinidad. We cant take excedrin, advil, or any other pills like that. They cause bleeding, and if we have even a hint of denge, we can be in serious trouble if our stomach starts to bleed. I have been taking tylenol though. It helps a little bit, but the cold sores in my mouth are a little bit bigger that the size of a quarter now. They are nasty nasty nasty. I've never had any cold sores like them before. BUT, I am still doing just fine. I am still working just fine. I am fine! Yes, I talked to the mission president, he says to talk to the mission nurse. The mission nurse said to take it easy. No more riding our new bicycles. I have sufficient $ I haven't spent hardly any of the money I came out with. So there's no need to send more. Use it to pay more on the house payment or something :).
I just hope that it doesn't become such an issue that they move my mission around or I get sent to the states or something. I love this place.
This week went fairly well for me. Other than my body aching and having massive cold sores in my mouth for the pack 5 or 6 days. This was a good week. I get along really well with my companion(We struggled to get along the first week-ish). We're real close now and that helps us a ton when we teach lessons. I realized that I am nothing without my companion, and that made a big change in our planning, our teaching, and feeling the spirit. 
We taught a lesson to he Blackett family on Wednesday. This was the first time we went over to their house. We taught them the restoration, about Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and the Priesthood authority being back on the earth. When we came to the first vision, Tracy (The mother) stopped us mid-sentence, and asked us what it was that she was feeling. We explained the Spirit of God, and how it testifies of truth. We were so excited after that lesson, and thought for sure we would see her at church. We didn't.. . . .We went back to her house yesterday (Sunday night), and asked her why we didn't see her there. She told us that she had to go to a different church to see if she felt that same feeling that we helped her to feel. She also told us that she DID NOT feel that same feeling, and that she would like to be baptized so she can have that feeling with her more often!  :) :) How cool is that?!?!? The rest of her family will follow her example pretty quickly. There should be a few baptisms happening pretty quickly. It's so great to help someone feel the Spirit. They now are beginning to understand the plan of salvation, and what we're doing here on earth. They (The Blacket's) Told us (as we explained the plan of salvation) that everything just clicks and is beginning to make sense. They are such an awesome family, and hopefully they get baptized to know what happiness really feels like. 
Well, We gotta go shopping for our food. I love you all. I will let you know if things get worse or if something happens. I have permisson to call you if I need to, but I dont feel that's necessary yet. Don't worry about me. Just help me learn how to deal with it. 
I love you mom! 1-4-3 :) :)
Elder Wilson