Mama,
Woah! It seems like this past week has been packed for you guys! It sounds like tons of fun!
About transfers, I actually got moved around. I am in Rendevous, Christ Church, (Still fairly close to Black Rock), and so far its going well. I am in a four-man apartment, which kinds sucks, but hopefully it will get better. Elder Meredith is a Guyanese (My 1st guyanese companion!), He cooks lots of Roti, curry, and different things that I dont even know what they are! They taste good though. :)
The rainy season is coming to an end. They only alternate between the "wet" season and the "Dry" season. Each season lasts about 3 months. It hasn't rained much since last week, so you dont have to worry as much about me getting blown away by a hurricane. No worries mama! I'm doing an important work, so I'm pretty sure I'll be watched over even if a big hurricane hits.
That Salina house is starting to get on my nerves. Just imagine when that house sells....You're gonna be rich! Hopefully some renters move in and help with the payments quickly.
Its cool to hear about the kids! Its good to hear that Ry finally got a job and bought a car. What's Dad driving?? If he finds a good Miata or a Celica, tell him to get it and I'll buy it off of him when I get back. :)
Its crazy that school has already started! That summer went by so fast! I hope the kids are liking it so far. Since I've been out here, I've missed the family more and more. I know it's not supposed to be that way, but out here, kids dont even know who their father is, or how many siblings they even have. Its really kinda sad that lots of these kids come from broken homes. I think that's why they take to me so well. I guess its kind of like a father-figure to them. Its a good thing I like kids, and its a good think that all these little black kids are adorable. :) ha ha
We got invited over to a members (The Toney Family) house this week to eat dinner and play some games for a FHE. We ate chicken steppers (Chicken feet), rice, coleslaw, and some weird vegetables. It was way good though! After dinner, we played "Sweetie in the flour" (JUST like dime in the flour, but with a little candy. They call all candy "Sweeties") I forgot my camera, but I got some good pictures that I can send to you next week.
I have some cool pictures to send to you of me in my baptism stuff. Put some of those pictures up on the seminary walls so other young guys can be more motivated. :) Thank ya!
Hm, about that package you're sending....It will be good to hear from Courtney. I hope that she's doing okay, It will also be way cool to see the fete day pictures. If you could send me some of those CD's though, that'd be great! Preferrably songs like; "Come thou fount" (Multiple versions please!), and other good church songs that you dont hear too often. We're allowed to listen to anything with a "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints" Stamp on it, so if you can find some good CD's or Have Rylee make some good mixes for me, that'd be great!
Other than that, I'm going really well out here. Some days, my companions test my patience and my faith, but I'm still out here. No need to worry about me Mom, just kick back and enjoy the blessings. :) Love ya tons! Be good, keep readin the scriptures, and PAY attention in school and ESPECIALLY seminary! I wish I would have taken it more seriously. This gospel is true. Living this gospel is the only way that we can get back to our heavenly father.
Gotta jet! I'm gonna go give 'em heaven.
Love,
Elder Wilson