December 12, 2011

Mama,

Woo Hoo! I'm glad that the kids likes the presents! It really didn't cost me that much. I just budgeted, and it was easy to send it. I just wanted to throw a few things in for each of the kids. Those sandals were originally made for me, but I decided that Rylee would like them more, and actually get to wear them more often. They were made by a member in Barbados. I'm still not sure when I'll get to call on Christmas. I'm sorry that's so vague. I've just been focused on working, and haven't tried to get any details. I'll try to let you know by next week. Our branch is struggling a little bit, and so Elder George and I are working our tails off to try and get it working better before we leave. It is a goal to try and leave every area better that when you found it. This is week 3 of the transfer. Next transfer begins on Jan 11th. I have no idea where i'll be transfered to, or if I'll stay here in Calliaqua, St. Vincent. One of us will definately be leaving though. Whether it's me or E. George, I'm not sure yet.

I'm glad that you had a good birthday! It sounds like you had lots of fun! About my contacts though, I have NOT had any blurry vision, I have been wearing my glasses more and more, and the contacts are lasting me really well. I've only gone through 2 pairs so far. I'll have plenty for the rest of my mission, but I'll send you that lot number next week.


About the kids questions:
YES, We baptize in the ocean. Our building in Calliaqua doesn't have a font, so we only can baptize in the ocean. Luckily, there's a good spot we go to just down the hill from our church.

Usually about 35-60 people show up each week for church. It's REALLY small compared to back home. The church is still trying to get all the way established here in the caribbean, so I'll probably have small branches my whole mission.

Elder George and I do not have a car. We walk TONS! (I actually was going to tell you that my shoes (Brand: Propet) from Missionary mall, are wearing out and have holes in the soles. BUT it's expensive to send shoes out here, so could you check with Missionary mall, and see if you could just pick them up, and hold on to them for me? I could wear them when I get home, or you could send them to me when I ask for them. I can just buy some good hand made shoes out here when these one's wear out completely.) We also catch "Vans" which are like mini busses that carry everyone around for 2$ per person. They have loud music, they drive fast, and they are fun!

Our apartment it pretty small. It's the nicest one on St.Vincent though! Our landlord is from New Jersey, and we are the only apartment with A/C in our bedroom!! It's a cute little apartment on a hilltop overlooking the ocean about a 10 minute walk from the Church. It's sweet!

Right now we are teaching a few people. Their names are Keyshawn (26 yrs), Abraham and Molicia (12 yrs & 11 yrs), Roxanne (19 yrs), Keisha (20 yrs), Deann (~32 yrs), Danney (30 yrs) and Providence (about 35 years old). They're all really cool people, and I love working with them! It's cool to see them actually take it serious when we come. They know that we mean business. :)

On Christmas, We'll work just like any other day. We get to call home, and go eat at a few people's houses, but other than that, it's just like any other day. People celebrate Christmas down here, but it's not as big as in the States because more people here are poor. Not many people can afford Christmas lights or a tree, but we see some sometimes!


All in all, I'm doing great. I cheated a little bit on the Christmas tree that you made though....I ended up reading all the messages last P-Day, and I hung all the ornaments too. I couldn't handle doing it every day. It made me too distracted, and we have lots of work to stay focused on, especially here in Calliaqua.

I hope everything is going well! Thank you for sending my Ukulele! I am going to play some songs, and maybe carry it around to lessons to be more creative, and fun. I love you guys tons! Keep reading your scriptures, and saying your prayers!!!

love ya!!

Elder Wilson