First before I forget....A member family here named the Merediths, (The parents of the Elder I served with in Barbados), would like to know the recipe for peach cobbler. I made them a cheese cake and they started to ask about desserts back home. Sure enough....they would like the recipe. Thanks mama!
Anyways, It sounds like you had a great week! We had a thanksgiving here too! The senior couples here prepared a U.S.A. Thanksgiving for us and we had a great meal after district meeting on Tuesday! WE had potatoes, chicken, turkey, vegetables and pumpkin pie. It was really weird to eat american food for a change. It made me realize how much I miss it! I guess you just get used to the local food and then you forget how good everything was back home.
This week went pretty well. We had a lot of crazy things happen. Elder Rollins and I caught a parrot. It was in the yard of one of our investigators. They caged it up, and then we grabbed it from under the cage. I added some pictures. It's the green one. We also saw a blue one, but that one was big and I didn't dare touch that one because it would bite off a finger. We also saw some monkeys! I added a picture of that too. I'll probably send two e-mails today because I have a lot of fun pictures. I played with the monkey, but didn't have my camera, so I'll have to play with another one and send you those pictures. Rylee would be so jealous. I know she loves monkeys, and they have them as pets here. :)
WE didn't have much success this week work wise. We struggled to find people to teach, and we only had one investigator at church. He's getting baptised one the 8th of Dec, but we were supposed to have 4 people at church with that date. Elder Rollins and I are the Lead Companionship here in Guyana, (He's the Zone leader, and I'm the District leader in the main area of Guyana.) so we had a lot of things that we had to do this week which kept us away from working in our area. We had some baptism interviews to do, so we had to go on trade offs 3 times. Trade offs is when we switch companions for a day to make sure things are running smoothly with the other missionaries in our Zone/District. It was a slow week, but they're having 7 baptisms this Saturday in my District. Woo Hoo! It's good that things are going well here, because we'll be getting a lot of new missionaries over the next few transfers, so if the area's are running smoothly, then we could get a chunk of new missionaries put here in Guyana to be trained. That would be awesome!
That's about all for now. I'm alive and well. My health is kind of crazy sometimes, but Elder Rollins is great. We get along really well, and we work well together, so he understands. Oh yeah!!!! I have a cool surprise for Coleman when I get back home. I would get one for everyone, but they're pretty expensive....I got him something really cool for his scriptures, but I had it made for a triple combination and I forgot that Grandpa and Grandma Wilson got him that Quad. Maybe you'll have to get him a triple combination (Standard size) before I get home, so it will be the right size. Then we'll read the scriptures together. :)
I love you tons! Look for my other e-mail with more pictures!
Love ya
Brad