First of all....I don't think I want to go Skydiving. I don't like the fact that you are free falling from miles above the ground, and the only thing that is protecting you is a small cord attached to some rope and a piece of fabric. Nope. Not for me. No thank you.
This week was kind of tough. It's hard when you come into a new area, and everyone just focuses on your companion instead of you. In the words of Camille "That is less than ideal...". I like people to like me, so it's not cool to be on the short end of that stick. It's getting better though. I still get lost here in Guyana. It is definitely not like the islands. There are way more people, and NO hills. It's completely flat.
First of all, I just wanted to tell everyone that the investigators I had on St. Vincent, are getting baptized this Saturday! Woo hoo! I guess the Lord just needed me to help them get there. I'll try to get some pictures, so I can send them to you in a week or two.
My companion is Elder Rollins. He's from Arvada, Colorado. He knows NICK! My area is called Albouystown, and it is the most poor 3rd world area I have ever seen in my life. It is the definition of "Ghetto". I bought a hammock today that is neon yellow, blue, and white. I caught a small alligator today. There are piranhas in the rivers. There is jungle all around us with anacondas, jaguars, parrots, iguanas, and some other weird animals that live in them. The food is completely different than the islands. I don't know even know what I'm eating half of the time. Our branch has about 100 in attendance every week, and is the strongest branch in Guyana. (Weird how it's the strongest branch, yet we're in the poorest and most ghetto area.....). Everyone here has a different dialect, so I can hardly understand them. They speak more broken that the islanders. Phew....I hope that answered most of your questions, and gave you some information about the area I'm in! Tell everyone that I get a hammock again! Yippee!!!
President Mehr and Elder Anderson of the Seventy are coming tomorrow for our zone conference. It should be awesome. I love zone conferences. It's like a missionaries personal session of General Conference. We'll be in meetings all day tomorrow. Elder Rollins and I found a young man named Jamal. He's almost 15 years old, and he is getting baptized next week! I guess he'd been taught by missionaries before, and just decided one day to take it seriously and follow through. He got approved by our branch president (Prez. Reese) to be baptized. Sweet!
That's about all for now.
I love you guys!!
Brad