October 29, 2012

Farewell St. Vincent

Mama,

Yes! I'm glad you got the dogs. Even if you don't like them, put up with them, and I'll take them when I get home.

I got ONE package last week! I got the one with ties, and the CTR rings. Was that the first one or the second one you sent? Anyways, Tell Coleman thanks for the ties. I really love the brown striped one and the blue one with the flowery design.

TRANSFER CALLS CAME! I found out that I will be leaving St. Vincent. I am going to......drum roll.......Guyana! I am going to be in Georgetown. Tell Kyle Wilson. He'll like that a lot, because I'll be right next to where he served. My new companions name will be Elder Rollins. He's a little bit younger than me, but we're the leaders down in that area. He is the Zone Leader, and I will be the District Leader. It's a great group of Elders down there, so I'm a little nervous to be a leader over them, but if that's where God needs me, I guess it will be okay. I'm a little bit torn to leave, and I almost cried as I gave my farewell talk yesterday in Sacrament. I'm leaving 3 investigators who will be getting baptized. That always happens to me. I help someone to get right to the end of the lessons, and then I leave before they are baptized. I'm also a little torn to be leaving Sis. James, Sis. Tobierre, the McDowalds, and some other families I've met here. I'm gotten the closest to the people of St. Vincent. On the other hand, I'm excited to finally be reaching Guyana. I get a HAMMOCK!!! Woot woot!I'll see alligators, snakes, and monkeys, and I'll be close to the Demerara River (A Branch off the Amazon). Farewell white sand beaches and crystal clear water. I also found out that I will be serving in the single most humble, and ghetto area in the entire mission....Albouystown. I guess the Lord needs me to be more humble than I am, so off I go.

That's about all for this week. I have some pictures I'm sending. I'll go and visit members for the next few days, and then on Wed. Morning at 6:00 am, my plane leaves to Guyana. It's crazy that I'm leaving. It's a mix of bitter-sweet feelings.

Oh yeah, This week I had a cool experience. I went on a companionship split. (elder Rice went with the Senior Couple, and I went with a member as a replacement companion). I went to teach a Anglican Priest in a place called Georgetown here on St. Vincent. He likes me a lot from when I met him last time I was here on St. Vincent. (Remember the story I told you about me teaching his youth group at his church?) Well he let me come and do it again. I went up and taught him and his congregation about our beliefs and some of our doctrine. He told me that if I wanted it, I could take over his congregation as his 2nd priest in charge. I refused, but thanked him a lot, and he told me that if I ever come back to St. Vincent, that I can stay at his home. I also gave him a book of Mormon, and the picture that Sis. James took is priceless. I attached it today. You'll love it. His reaction to getting a book of Mormon with my testimony in it, combined with seeing me leave, resulted in a hug from this Anglican Priest. Maybe that was why I was sent back to St. Vincent. Maybe one day, He'll be converted, and will convert his whole congregation. You never know. :)

The other pictures of just of misc stuff. I don't know if I ever told you, but I know how to play the guitar. I got one here on St. Vincent from Elder Makanani, and I taught myself. I played for everyone last Saturday at our St. Vincent Independence day celebration.

I love you!!

Brad