October 22, 2012

Bequia

Mama,

Wow! That's a ton of exciting news. I can't believe Kyle is getting married! Sweet! I was going to send him an e-mail in a month or two telling him to hurry up or I would catch up to him. I'm excited to meet her.

YES! Keep the dogs! Even if you don't want them, I would take them with me when I get my own apartment. I want to get some dogs when I get back home. It's sad to see how badly they are treated out here, and it has given me even more love for dogs. So yes, take them and I'll play with them and take care of them when I get home!

I'm so excited for Rylee. It will be the best thing for her. It really helps you mature quickly. I am glad I decided to serve. I've learned a TON about myself and also how to treat and help others. I love it out here. I had a dream that I was off of my mission, and I woke up almost crying. I am excited to come back home, but it a million ways, I'm torn apart because the Caribbean still owns my heart. This place has become home. The people here have become my family. I love it. I love them.

So last week, we went to the island of Bequia for P-Day. I'm attaching some pictures today. I'm also sending another e-mail with more in it, so please, add all of them to my blog for me. I'll want these when I get back. I loved the little turtles at the turtle sanctuary. We also got to see some cool beaches, and I bought a rasta hat. They hand made it, and I wore it that night to do our nightly planning. Ha ha. I'll probably get more before I come back to give to Coleman. He'll like them.

This week went really well for us. We taught 30 lessons, 10 of which we had a member present to help us teach! It was amazing. We had 3 investigators at church and we should have 2 or 3 baptisms in a week or two. Unfortunately, they will be next transfer, so I might not get to see them. That always happens to me. I help prepare someone for baptism , and they get baptised right after I leave. Maybe I'm just needed to help people get to that point. I have noticed that I'm always the one who gets sent to an area that is struggling, and right when it starts to see success, I'm taken away and put into another tough area to help it. Maybe that's what the Lord needs me to do. It would be okay if I get transferred. If the Lord needs me to help struggling areas and companions my whole mission....bring it on. I'm ready for it.

About my package, no I still haven't got it. Hopefully it will come before next week. We get transfer calls this Friday, so I'll let you know if I'm leaving next week. I don't really need anything in a package. It is fun to get picture of the family. People and members out here love to see pictures of my family and my friends before my mission. It helps them realize that I'm a normal person just like them. It's also an easy way to begin a first lesson. :)

I also added some pictures of close up's for the Christmas card. I hope those are good enough, because I just cut my hair about an hour ago, so you won't get any more pictures like that. You'll just get tennis-ball head pictures. Ha ha.

I love you Mom. I'm doing great. The work is hard, but it's going okay. If it's ever going to fill the earth, it's going to take work. So I'm working. :)

Love you guys!

Brad