I loved conference! It's weird how much my attitude has changed from 18-ish months ago. I'm actually ecited for conference and I don't fall asleep during it! Ha ha. I love Jeffrey R. Holland. Every talk he gives seems to be way more "real" just because of how good he is at giving talks. I actually missed the talk from President Monson that made that announcement about missionaries! We couldn't get a good connection here, so I had to piece it together by hearing what other general authorities said about it. Tell Rylee to pray about it, and have her read these scriptures.....
- James 1:5
- D&C 4: 1-7 (Especially verse 7!)
Those scriptures might help her make a decision. Rylee, I would tell you this....The mission is probably the best decision I have ever made in my life. I have learned a lot about myself, and have developed some good habits. It is great to meet new people and help them to repent and be happier. But.....It is also the hardest thing I have ever done. There's days when it seems to hard to bear, and I've been discouraged. You will be made fun of, you will have some extremely hard days, and you will be far from home. It's challenging every single day because Satan knows how big of an influence missionaries can have on people. Now, I don't want that to scare you, because Heavenly Father is there when you have those tough days. I've sat down and cried some nights, but then I remember that Heavenly Father is more powerful than Satan, and that Gods work is the greatest thing that any of us could ever be involved in. That lesson took a while to learn, but I want you to read those scriptures, and pray hard. God answers EVERY one of our prayers in his own time. Be patient, and pray like you mean it, and you'll figure it out.
Keep me posted on that please. :) Anyways....I finished the Book of Mormon again yesterday! Woo Hoo! I'm not sure how many times that is on my mission, but I started again yesterday, and I'm in 2nd Nephi already. I can relate to Ann M. Dibb when she said "I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it." It's hard sometimes, and I still have to try very hard to be patient with my companion, but things are working out. We had 2 investigators at conference and they have a baptism date for the 27th of October. I'll try and keep you posted on their progress.
Other than that, not much happened. October 1st was the beginning of the Iguana season, so we see them more often. Elder Rice and I got one, and let it go in our apartment until we ate in on Friday. :) (The big one.) Then we found a member who had caught the little one, so I took some pictures with it. It's crazy to think that the cute little iguana grows into that beastly one! They have really sharp claws....but they taste really good. :)
That's about all for this week. I love you guys, and I'll talk to ya soon!
PS. Transfers are on the 31st of Oct. So I'll let you know my transfer call before then.
Tell the family I love them! I pray for you all the time.
Love,
Brad