I cant believe how fast time has gone. I can't believe Robert is home, or that Rylee is leaving on a mission. It's weird to explain, but it feels like when you're on a mission, time stands still back home. It's crazy to think that life is still going on. I'm way excited to see Robert, and Coleman, Lex, and Kam. It's hard to stay focused, but luckily my companion is a hard worker, and he's helping me keep my mind clear of thoughts about home. I think it was definitely inspired that we got put together. Every time I think about home, he just happens to turn to me and ask a question like "So what should we teach Bro. Jeffrey next??" . I 'm glad he acts on his spiritual promptings. :)
Not a ton happened this week. We worked hard, and saw some success. My legs were so sore every night when we got back to the apartment. We spent HOURS walking trying to find new people to teach and help. On Thursday, all of our lessons fell through. We spent the rest of the day walking through a part of our area contacting, laughing, contacting some more, and showing magic tricks to little kids that called to us as we passed. We got a lot of new investigators, and got almost 20 people that we set appointments with. That hasn't happened since I've been on my mission. Usually finding is like a last, LAST resort, because people just don't want to listen. That day was different though. We had so much fun contacting those people. Parents would even come outside as we did magic tricks for their little kids, and then we would contact them and set up a return appointment. It was a really good day. Days like that are some of the best memories I have of my mission.
My health is fine. I've been pretty tired lately, and have had a few cold sores, but I was in a good mood all week, so it was alright. My companion and I are getting along great. He loves Guyana, and would be content staying in this area for the rest of his mission.
I'm adding some pictures from this last week. We got some good pictures. I got a picture of a Crocodile in a river this week! Elder Riese spotted him and we were contacting. The other pictures are just some cool pictures and some good memories. I love you all, and hope you're doing well! I'll talk to you in a week!
Love,
Brad
Me and Ashley Meredith. She's a cute little fair-skinned girl. Her Grandma is the mother of the Elder Meredith I served with in Barbados
Pigeons on the wires. Elder Riese almost got hit with poop like 5 times because he ran at them
The "Road to Baptism" I made for Brother Jeffrey. He reminds us occasionally of what we still need to teach him. :)
The kids that we did magic tricks for. We also taught them about the Book of Mormon. My favorite question they asked while I was teaching was " Why would people want to kill a prophet? We need prophets to teach us!" (When talking about Samuel the Lamanite)
The Great and Spacious Building....er.. I mean....The Catholic Church in our area. :)
The Crocodile! How cool is that???? It was like 3 - 3 1/2 feet long!
Look at the street sign!