July 18, 2011

Another busy week!

:) Hello!
I cant believe that summer is already almost gone!! That was the FASTEST 2 1/2 months of my life! Its crazy to think that I've already been through 1 transfer. I might stay with Elder Friebe next transfer (for the next 6 weeks), or I might get paired with a new companion....Guess we'll see in a week or two. Exciting stuff!
It sounds like you guys are having lots of fun! Sleep overs, school shopping, watching movies and working! Its good to know that the Lord is watching over you while I'm gone. You guys are in every single one of my prayers, so I know that you're getting blessed. I know that for a fact because of your job @ MMHS Seminary (Which you'll probably get because you have a son serving a mission :) ), Dad's recovery, Ry's job, financial security, the whole 9 yards. I know that as you and the family continue to pray, read and really try to follow God and Jesus Christ that you'll continue to receive those blessings.
The members of the ward here like me a lot. It reminds me of something dad told me before I left. He said "The little kids and the people we taught always liked me more than my companion..." or something like that. Thats exactly how it is with me and Elder Friebe. I'm laid back and like to be happy and have fun while I'm working hard, but he likes to stay serious all the time and people dont like that. Dont get me wrong though, I'm still working hard and trying my best to be a good example for the people of Barbados, but I'm going to have fun doing it! So naturally, people just are more comfortable around me because I treat them like sons and daughters of God, actual people, rather than "lessons" like how Elder Friebe looks at them sometimes. He's a good missionary though, and we're getting more and more comfortable working together.
We had some visitors just yesterday at church who were from SLC, Utah. It was cool to see some people from back home. I love it here, but it just doesn't feel like home. Our ward here is only 45 members, and there are only 6 Priesthood holders, 10 if you count us missionaries. I miss the big ward, as weird as that may sound, I miss the organ playing the songs and the prelude music when I walk in (We just sing acapella here), and I miss having lots of priesthood holders. The members here just aren't as "devoted", for lack of a better word....as the people are back home. Tell people of the ward to GO OUT WITH SURROUNDING MISSIONARIES!! It helps them with their investigators SO much! Our members dont like to do that very often, and its hard for our investigators to make friends. I'm working on developing better relationships with the members though, so they're more willing and more comfortable with us.
Its hard work here in Barbados. I dont like Fridays and Saturdays in downtown Oistins (The city/town/area I'm serving in.) Lots of the people here like drinking, partying, and making babies more than developing a relationship with God. Its kind of sad sometimes. I really understand now what Nephi felt when he said "My tears wet my pillow at night...". It's in 1st Nephi I think, but he's feeling sad because of the iniquity of his people, and he crys at night because he wants SO bad to help them, but they love worldly things more than God. But It just gives me the motivation to work harder, and pray more often, so that I can help them understand that they need what we have in their lives. That they need to hear the message we're here to share. We're slowly beginning to get through to some people.
Aw cheese on....I forgot my cable for my camera to send pictures. We're in Bridgetown now, and our apartment is in Silversands. (look it up on google so the kids can see some pictures of the area). I have some good ones I'll remember to send next week. I'll take some more cool ones today, they're gonna be AWESOME! I can just feel it....Its a litttle rainy, and the crabs are out on the beach, so we're gonna go round some up and take some cool pictures. I've been pinched a few times by the little buggers...They hurt! We now have 5 small lizards running around our apartment eating the bugs, they've been named Enrique, Frederico, Ted, Ogre, and Squirm...I think. We're still kinda undecided on the last 2 names. But they're only like an inch long and they're all different colored, so we can tell them apart. They're way cool!
I love it here in Barbados. You really should plan on coming to pick me up or to take a trip out here after I get back home! Its really beautiful! WEll My time is out for the day! Love ya tons!!!!
Elder Wilson
LOVE YA LOVE YA!