Mom and Family, :)
We just finished playing basketball and doing a group study this morning. We usually do that every P-Day. There's 12 missionaries here on Barbados, so basketball usually gets really intense. We all sang and read from the B.o.M. before we came into town to e-mail and go shopping. I'm in Bridgetown now, you can look it up on google or something and see what I've been seeing lately, at some library. We're going to go see some of the beaches today and possibly go up to the Crane Hotel (My companion says its legit! You might want to look that up on google too....:))
I'm really loving it here. I miss the fam, and family dinners/cooking at Grandma Wilson's House, but I love the people here. I love the ocean breeze I feel all the time, I love talking to people, I love eating the fruit they have here, I just love Barbados. Its crazy to think I've already been out more than a month. Its been 41 days! Holy COW! The weeks are going by crazy fast. Some of the elders say that weeks turn into days, but the days sometimes seem like weeks. SOOO true.
I hope you're all having fun in Canada! I have some pictures I want to send, but I forgot my usb cord for my camera. I'll try and send some next week.
Oh, so I found out that I was spelling "beigan" wrong. Its spelled B-A-J-A-N, and like I said last week, it's just a nickername for the people that live in Barbados. Similar to "Utahn". Anyways, Bajans party a lot here. We always talk to people who are drunk or who dont want to change their lives because they like the bajan life style too much. Its pretty sad. Also, weed grows here like crazy! We see it all the time when we're knocking doors. Its usually planted behind another bush or under something, or in the middle of a field, but it grows alright. I love it out here, and I'm working hard, but I miss home a little. The food here definately isn't as good as your cooking, but its alright sometimes. There's some foods that I have to choke down so I dont offend members. (We can eat w/ members here in Barbados). I've had chicken feet, curry, orkra, dolphin, fried plantain, lots of new fruits, mauby, doubles, and tons of other weird stuff. Its hard to explain through e-mail what they are, but when we come back to visit as a fam, I'll be sure to let you try some of it! I'm really getting along with the members and they're beginning to like me and be comfortable with me. I've played road tennis a few times now, and I'm really setteling in. I love it here.
Oh yeah, our cockroach kill count is up to like 50 now, There's tons!! its kinda grossss.....
I miss you all! be sure to send pics from Canada!! I'll send some next week!
Love ya tons!!!!
Elder Wilson :)