October 25, 2011

I love St. Vincent!

Mama,
I am serving in Calliaqua, St. Vincent currently. My companion's name
is Elder George and I love that guy! We get along the best out of any
of my companions so far. Did I mention that he's 6 foot 5? He loves
soccer, golf, basketball, and he's gonna teach me how to play the
piano this transfer! Woo hoo! This transfer is going to be fun!

It sounds like you are having TONS of fun back home! Tell Jordan
congrats! Its weird that I'll have new family members when I get back
home! I apologize that I haven't been able to send pictures
lately...the computers here aren't like the ones in the states. Rarely
do I get a good computer that willl let me send pictures. I'll try it
with this new computer today though. Its weird that Bro. Merrill is
the bishop now! He's going to do great! It will be cool to see him
when I get back home. Its crazy that so many of my priests are going
on missions! Tell them I'm proud of them and that it is so great to be
serving out here! Just remind them to work hard, and everything will
begin to run smoothly.

I sent a package a few weeks ago with some ties in it for Coleman. It
also has some letters for the girls. Did you get it already? I had to
send him one West Indian tie, and the rest of them you should like. I
bet he loves the west indian one I sent him. It reminds me of the
flintstones. ha ha. Let him wear them so he can show them off to the
family. I think it will help motivate him even more to want to be a
missionary.

St Vincent is nothing like Barbados. St vincent is WAYY prettier!!
Barbados is flat, but st. vincent has hills, mountains and a volcano!!
Woo hoo! This place is beautiful. I have eaten iguana too! There's
still tons of lizards and wildlife running around. The only main
difference from barbados is that st vincent is more poor. They have
smaller houses, and they're kinda just pieced together with
mismatching pieces of wood. I feel like a loser when I think of how
good I had it. These people have hardly anything, yet they're still
paying tithing, saving money to travel to church, and they just keep
truckin along. I love the people here so far. St. Vincent has a bunch
of islands surrounding it. They're smaller than st. Vincent and
they're called the grenadines. I'll add a picture....hopefully. Our
church is on a cliff overlooking the beach and the ocean! It's so
BEAUTIFUL!!

I'm going to try and send a video today. It may be in another
e-mail....I hope it has sound to it. If not, the first area I point to
is where we baptize, the second thinng i'm pointing to is one of the
grenadine islands that you can see off in the horizon. That all was
filmed in the front of the church.

I'm healthy, I'm happy, I'm loving life, and I'm serving the Lord.
Whata combination huh? :) ha ha. I love this place. Don't worry about
me mom. I'm great. I'm helping people as best as I can, and I know I'm
changing their lives by bringing them the word of God. I love you
tons!!!