January 2, 2012

A sad farewell

Mama,
I am sad that I am leaving. I love St. Vincent so much, and we have been doing some great work and seeing some great success here. WE have a few baptisms coming up in about a week or two, so I'm pretty sad that I'm leaving entirely and that I wont be able to see them baptized. I guess it will be cool to go to another island. I'm going to try and have the members there teach me french creole. It would be a language that only West Indians could understand. No where else in the world. My companion's name is Elder Jensen. He served here before I got here to St. Vincent. From what I've heard, he's a pretty cool guy.

Sorry this e-mail will be short, but it's a holiday here, and everything in town is closed down, and I was packing my bags and cleaning the apartment really well before I leave on Wed. My flight leaves at 7:00am, So tomorrow will be hectic too. I will be seeing everyone and telling them goodbye. I've already made a few families cry by telling them that I'm leaving. It's kinda sad to me, because everyone here is very blunt, and they have asked multiple times "Why can't Elder George leave and you stay?". I think it hurt his feelings, but hopefully they take to him better and he can keep doing well with our investigators after I leave. Goodbyes are never fun. The feeling that I feel right now is very similar to the one that I felt when I was leaving you and Dad at the MTC. I have grown very attatched to the people here and the culture, so it's hard to leave. I hope ST. Lucia is a cool place. I'll write you and give you more information on my next P-Day.

I love you mama!
Elder Wilson