February 13, 2012

No transfer for me!

Mama,

This week was pretty good. We reached all our weekly goals as a companionship, and we had 3 investigators at church. They all are working towards baptism right now, and should be baptized REALLY soon.

Tell Coleman and Lexi that they need to keep taking piano lessons! Tell Coleman that he will be able to play it while he's on his mission if he learns it now. I wish I would have!
I got my Ukulele though, and have been playing that like crazy! I can play ALL the hymns, and am learning some fun other ones to play for members and on P-Days.

I love King Benjamin's Address. That verse was Mosiah 2:41. Not Mosiah 3 :). Ha ha. You're getting there though...:) I love it because he says that we're blessed temporally and spiritually. I love that part, and always tell my investigators and members that Heavenly Father knows what we need in this life, and he knows what we are meant to become. By keeping the commandments, we are only helping ourselves become what Heavenly Father wants and needs us to become.

OH, I have news about TRANSFERS! I got my call last Saturday. Elder Jensen is going to Guyana....Lucky duck....I will be staying here in Vieux-Fort and I will be serving with Elder Jordan. I'm not sure where he's from, or what he's like. No one knows him. I'm the Senior Companion, So I'll be leading the entire area. I'm one of the most experienced missionaries on the island right now, so I think we'll have our work cut out for us. Good thing I like work and good thing I'm keeping the commandments so I can be blessed! :)

I'm going to miss Elder Jensen though. I learned a lot from him. We worked really hard together too. I hope he has fun in Guyana.

Other than that. My lupus didn't flare at all this past week. I've been healthy and full of energy this whole week. My diet is usually really healthy because the people her eat a lot of vegetables and fruit and meat. They don't have a lot of the "Sweets aka U.S. junk food. I'll see what happens in the future though.

Tell the kids that I love them. I have some things that I want to send home in a package in about a week or two-ish. I have a CD for Rylee with some local songs and some of my personal favorite P-Day songs. I have some other misc things for the kids, so I'll try and send that by the end of the month. I love you guys!

Scripture to look up: 3 Nephi 18:21-22

I love you guys!

Brad