March 13, 2012

Bet Rouge

Mama,
What?!?!?? NO! I don't want to go to Trinidad yet!! If you get sent there, they don't move you for a LONG time! I wouldn't get to see the other parts of the mission because I would be there probably for the rest of my mission...I need to go to Guyana first!!! :( They've been trying to get that clearance thing figured out for a few transfers now, so I guess we'll see what happens...

That's cool that Kamryn did well! It's weird to think that she's getting into acting now...thats crazy.

This week has been crazy! First of all, the pictures that I'm attaching are pictures of my feet and legs. Elder Jordan and I were walking to some members houses and we decided to cut through a big field because we were running a little bit late. Anyways, we got back home that night and my feet and legs started to itch. Turns out that "Bet Rouge" had infested my legs. Bet Rouge translates into "Red bugs". They're little little bugs that crawl into your pores and suck your blood. When you itch them, they dig in deeper and it takes them longer to come out. They usually stay in your legs for about 3 weeks. I've tried everything to get rid of them, but with little results...I guess I'll just have to wait it out....I'm never walking through grass again.....

The other picture is of Sister Nicholas. The Branch Presidents wife. She's like my mom away from home. She feeds us, teaches us how to cook, and reminds me a lot of you. I also wanted to show you a picture of how people dress for church. Because a lot of them came from Africa, they still dress African. It's pretty cool.

Other than that, not much happened this past week. We played some cricket on Saturday with some young guys from the branch and their friends. I'll teach you guys how to play cricket when I get home. It's weird to play baseball and softball for so long and then try to switch over to cricket. I'm still getting the hang of it.

I'm going well, I'm healthy, and I'm still working. I haven't got your package yet, but Hopefully I will soon. I'm also sending a package home in a few days, but I DONT WANT YOU TO OPEN IT. It has some souvenirs and I dont want them to get lost. So In a few weeks when it gets there, just put it away in my closet and I'll open it when I get back home for you guys.

I love ya!

Elder Wilson