March 19, 2012

getting better!




Mom,
St. Lucia is still pretty good. This week was actually pretty successful. The past few weeks have been rough because we haven't been able to get things flowing and the pressure has been on us a LOT. Stress isn't helping anything....My companion is doing okay, it's still pretty hard to get used to someone that you're with 24/7. Yes, the itching has stopped and they gave me a cream in case it ever happens again. No, I did not hear about transfers yet, they'll call us this Saturday and let us know where we're going. I'll keep you posted, no worries.

We just got back from teaching some investigators. Weird.....I gave up 2 hours of my P-Day to teach some of our investigators. They're getting baptized on the 31st of March. It's going to be awesome! Hopefully everything goes well as they're preparing. So about our investigators....We're teaching a woman named Shana. She has been to church about 6 times in a row now. Anyways, we gave her a book of Mormon a few weeks ago, and she didn't start to read it until just last week. We met her this morning and asked her how her reading went, and she started to apologize a TON! We got worried thinking she hadn't even started to read it. Come to find out, she had read to 2 Nephi 26. (101 pages). She was apologizing because she hadn't finished the entire book yet. She read that many pages in just 4 days. I'm glad I get to work with her. She's progressing well!
I think we're going spear fishing today for our P-Day activity. If you've ever played Amazon Trail, then you'll know what some of the rivers here look like. We're going to a spot that's like a little oasis with some shallow water to try and spear some fish with a 17 year old member named JoeGuy.It's his birthday tomorrow, and he's afraid that i'm getting transfered next week, so he really wants to be around me as much as possible. He's planning on leaving on his mission in a few months. (They can leave from the Caribbean for their mission when they're 18 years old). Hopefully we catch something. :)

Oh yeah, I sent a package home last week. It has some valuable stuff in it, and some souvenirs that I want to keep safe. PLEASE DO NOT OPEN IT! I WILL OPEN IT WHEN I GET BACK HOME! I have the tracking number for it though, please check up on it and let me know what it gets there.

I'm sorry, I don't have any pictures this week. I'll try to get some for next week. We've been REALLY busy lately, so I haven;t had time to take any for you.

I love ya tons!

Brad