April 1, 2012

Haircut Ooops!



Mom,

That sounds like you guys had a fun week! It's crazy how fast the weeks are going by. I feel like I e-mailed you just a day or two ago. We've been doing pretty well this week. We have a baptism on Saturday! His name is Tyron Moffet. He's 18 years old and progressed in the gospel like crazy! We're going to be baptizing him in between sessions next week.

We went spear fishing today in a little lake that we found this week. It was only about 1 foot deep and we took surgical tubing and went to town. We couldn't hit any of the fish because we suck at shooting spears, so we just explored, climbed coconut trees, caught crabs, and had target practice at bottles and boxes. It was fun!

I cut my hair this week....funny story. I borrowed the hair clippers from the Elders in Castries (opposite end of the island) and started to ut my hair. Unfortunately, (1st picture) The clippers broke (A little spring snapped inside) right after I had taken 2 strokes out of the top ouf my head. My companion thought it was Hilarious.....He got a picture even though I was vexed. Luckily, Sister Nicholas used to cut hair, so she fixed it up for me. She's awesome.

About transfers, This transfer is an extra week long. President Gamiette sent an e-mail and told everyone that we were a week off from the MTC, so we extended this transfer to get on the same page. We'll probably get our transfer calls next week in between sessions of conference.

I added some misc pictures of the past week. We did service, and cut zome members grass (With a cutalss!!!!), Sister Brisson wanted to send her parents a funny action shot, so she had me pose like we were battling. She chipped my cutlass though....

Our branch president is a fisherman...I cant remember if I've told you that....Anyways, he caught a stingray this last week, and fed it to us for our sunday dinner yesterday. It was DELISH!! One more cool thing I can say I've eaten.

Well, That's about it. I haven't seen the package yet (I hope it comes before transfers!!) but I'll go and check the mail later today. I'm doing good, I'm healthy and we're starting to see some success here in Vieux-Fort. I love you guys!

Elder Wilson