I am glad that I finally get to hear from you! It sounds like you had a less than ideal week! I hope that you get feeling better quick! It sounds like that surgery was nasty....
This week was pretty tough here in St. Lucia. Lots of our investigators have "Dropped themselves". We didn't have any investigators at church yesterday either. We've been pretty discouraged lateley. (Is feeling discouraged/depressed a symptom of Lupus??) We've been struggling to stay motivated and keep working despite our tough circumstances. Anyways, Yesterday at church, I had a personal revelation. I'm going to share it with you. :)
So I was talking with Elder Jordan a few days ago about how the branch is "Dying". It;s on the verge of being closed down. We talked about how we are ALWAYS here to help the members, but our help is refused at times, and we can't help. In Sacrament meeting I was thinking again thinking about how much the branch is struggling, when we began to sing the sacrament hymn. The Sacrament hymn was Hymn 195 (How great the Wisdon and the Love). A line from that song really hit me, and I began to cry. the second verse reads "His precious blood he freely spilt, his life he freely gave, a sinless sacrifice for guilt, A dying world to save." Those last few words are what hit me. I realized that often times, we shut out our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ from our lives, and we're left to fend for ourselves. They probably are sorrowful because they know whats best. They probably LONG to give their help, but they can only give it to us if we want it. I remembered that everyone has their agency, and we're going to get turned down more often than not. I'm going to keep trying hard though.
Zone conference is this Wednesday. It will be here in St. Lucia, and President Gamiette will come. I'm excited for the inverview with him (It might be my last one with him!). The new mission President comes in in a month or so. His name is President Mehr, from somewhere in Utah. It will be weird to have a new Mission President, but I guess we'll see in a few months!
I have completed the Book of Mormon twice in 9 weeks, and I am already back in 2 Nephi for my 3rd time. I started a really cool study at the beginning of my transfer with Elder Jordan. Maybe you could try it....The Study is to take a Brand new, Un-marked Book of Mormon, and get three different colored highlighters (Ones that won't bleed through the pages!). Use one color to highlight any references to Jesus Christ (Such as Lord, God, Savior, Christ etc...). Use another color to highlight his attributes (Merciful, powerful, loving etc....) and use the last color to highlight his words (When He's speaking or when his prophets say "Thus saith the Lord..."). I personally decided to read it three times through and highlight his references the first time, his attributes the second time, and his words the third time. I'm highlighting all of his words currently in my study. But you could either read it through once, and use all the colors at the same time, or read it 3 seperate times and focus on just one of the topics each time.
It's really cool to me to see how much the Book of Mormon really talks of Christ. It really is another Testament of Christ. Is used yellow to highlight refereces to Him because it's the brightest. It's cool to show to members and investigators to show them that it really does teach about Jesus Christ. Let me know how the study goes!
That's about all for this week! I'll add a few misc pictures from this week too! Love ya tons!!!!
Elder Wilson
PS: The pictures from of the Book of Mormon are my "Cheat Sheet" to teach more effectively. I Ordered a hard-cover book of mormon and took 3 scripture references for each principle that we teach. I also added in some cool pictures on the black sheets in the back to teach people and show people about the restoration.
The other pictures are when my Lupus was acting up, when a crazy goat attacked me, and when elder Jordan and I found weed growing outside our apartment....We pulled it out of course....and made bookmarks out of it. :)