April 9, 2012

Conference was AWESOME!

Mom,
Conference was awesome! I loved Elder Hollands talk! "Don't Delay, It's getting late." Holy cow! I also loved how it really touched on some points that our investigators needed to hear like marriage, chastity, repentance, and that God really is our loving, merciful, Heavenly Father. I took notes like crazy!
I got your package last week. I gave lots of the candy away to the little kids that live around the complex and it gave me a chance to talk to some of the people that live around us. Thanks for the stuff! I needed the razors, but I gave the socks to Elder Jordan. His had huge holes in them so he was glad to get them. I'm still doing really well on pants, shirts, and socks. No worries.
You got my package? That was quicker than I expected. It's a tall package, it has lots of valuables, so thanks for just putting it away for me. I'll open it with everyone when I get back.
Regarding transfers, I will be staying here in St. Lucia with Elder Jordan. I will be here for my birthday! Woo hoo! I'm glad that I got to stay. We have some more investigators that should be baptized really soon and I'm excited I get to stay and help them progress in the gospel.
Hey, who is Taylors roomate?? You should ask her next time she's at the house if she wants to write a missionary......:) We love letters...:)
About the pictures that I'm sending. This week, we met a guy who wanted us to come over to his house. He lived in a place called "Grace". Anyways, we followed the directions to get to his house, and come to find out, we have to follow a river to get to the appointment! It was really shallow water, and it was soft sand, so we just kicked off our shoes, and walked. It took us about 45 minutes to walk upstream, and then he wasn't home....:( It was a fun walk though! We swung off of some strong vines along the river bed. I felt like Tarzan! I also took a picture of that little orange pokey thing. I'm not sure what they're called, but a little kid gave me one and told me to crack it open and eat it, and it's way good! It's kind of like a mini pomegranate. It looks cool too.
This week went well. I get to take a plane in a week or two to go to Zone Conference  and it will be in Guadeloupe!! President Gamiette is almost finished with his time as a Mission President, and he's from Guadeloupe originally, so we're having it there! I'll have to get some Euros as souvenirs.....
Oh yeah, The other picture is of a 7 year old member named Teenay. He's a cool kid. He breakdances, laugh a lot, and can't wait to pass the sacrament or serve a mission. Anyways, EVERYTIME we go to their house, he asks me if I put gel or grease in my hair. He asks because he likes to take a comb and style it in mohawks and comb-overs. He has a blast just combing my hair everytime we come over. Lots of little kids like to touch our hair here. It's not like anyone elses hair, and they never get a chance to feel it, so they always ask us if they can style our hair of just rub our head. It's actually pretty nice. It's like a little scalp massage wherever we go!
Thats about it for this week. I'm doing pretty well. My lupus hasn't been too bad lately. It really sucks in the mornings, but other than that, I've been doing pretty well throughout the day. I'm not sure why....It just kind of stopped hurting me throughout the day. I'm doing well. I hope that you are all having fun at home! Kids - study hard so you get good grades on final tests!!
Love ya!!!
Elder Wilson