July 11, 2012

Carnival is over!

Mama,

Carnival is over. The streets are littered with misc articles of clothing and colorful paint and costumes. Beer bottles and rum bottles are everywhere! The town is like a ghost town today because everyone is probably at home drunk as a skunk. The music was super loud last night and I could feel the beat of the bass as I lied in bed. It was crazy. Don't worry, I got some pictures from our balcony so you could see what went on.

Yes, I talked to the McDermaid's in the Dominican Republic. He e-mailed me some ways to cope with stress and some more information about Lupus. He's going to be checking up with me every so often to see how I'm doing. I am probably going to get some tests done this week, so I'll let you know what happens. DON'T worry. I'm still just fine, I just had a short time that was difficult for me. I guess life would be boring if you didn't have trials to overcome. No matter what happens, I am staying out here. I hate even thinking about coming home. That's why I'm on my mission, to help me learn how to overcome things on my own and deal with issues as they arise. That's exactly what I plan to do.

No much happened last week. We just worked like normal and we're trying to figure out where our members live and get things going now that carnival is out of the way.

Tell Rylee that I expect an e-mail from that Elder in Oklahoma.

Sorry this e-mail is short. It took a long time uploading photos because this computer is slow, and we have to go get back to work. I love you guys, and I'm feeling a lot better.

Love ya!

Elder Wilson