September 3, 2012

Keep on keepin' on

Mama,

No, My license still hasn't come in. Hopefully today or tomorrow. It's okay though, It gives us a chance to walk, and talk to more people. I just hope it comes before transfers. The weather is still rainy and HOT. I sweat like crazy, and then all of the sudden, it will start to POUR, and we get soaked. My health is alright. Ive had some cold sores this week that hurt. I had 4 in my mouth, and it hurt to talk, so I was quiet for a day or two. I only have one left now, So Its alright.

I was pretty stressed out this week. Its been hard to find new people to teach, and the members cant make up their mind about which church they want to belong to. We only had about 30 people at church, and we later found out that a lot of our members have been going to a new church that has been built in one of the villages. Its sad. A few of them told us that they don't want us coming over anymore, and that they feel that the new church is better. :( Its tough, but well keep trying. On top of that, it's been hard with Elder Rice. Hes a good guy, but he just doesn't understand. Its almost like I have a little kid as a companion. I talked to President Mehr about it, and He told me that Elder Rice only learns when he thrown into circumstances. For example, if you cook all the time, he'll just eat what you cook. If you let him starve for a few meals, then he will learn how to cook and will ask you to teach him how to cook things. Its hard, but thats what Ive had to do this whole transfer. Anyways, I decided (With Prez. Mehrs advice...) to turn the reins over to Elder Rice. I told him that he is now the senior companion, and that he makes all the decisions and calls the shots for the next 2 weeks. I just pretend like Im a trainee, and let him learn for himself. So far, Its worked pretty well. I stepped back on teaching lessons, and I dont say anything until he begins the lesson. I also dont tell the van drivers where and when to stop, so occasionally we'll pass the street where a member lives, and we'll have to walk back. Hes learning though. Its not as stressful for me either. I just help when he asks for it.

Other than that, this week was normal. I started a new study in the Book of Mormon. I picked up a new triple combination a few transfers ago, because mine got rained on. I opened it from the plastic wrap, and am going to read EVERY page of it before I come home. The Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price and every page in between. I have a lot of pages to read, so it will probably be a study that lasts a while. I'm in 1 Nephi 20 already.

Ive been doing okay though. You need to send me pictures of the new part of the house though!

Tell the family I love them!

Brad

I'm pretty sure this picture was sent especially for Melissa!