August 29, 2012

Hurricane Isaac

Mama,

My week was good. Things are good here in St. Vincent. No, I haven't got my drivers license yet, we're still walking. My health is the same as usual. I am tired a lot and i get headaches, but it's not enough to keep me from working. I just need to sleep more occasionally. The weather is CRAZY. We had a hurricane pass through here a few days ago. I heard that it's reaching the Florida Key. I think they called it "Isaac". It's been really rainy and really windy, but at the same time, It's so humid that I sweat from every pore! No we're not teaching anyone new...It's been tough to find new people, but we're working with members and trying to strengthen the branch as much as possible in the few weeks we have.

Did I answer them well enough?? Did I pass? :)

It sounds like there's been some fun things happening! I don't have much to report. Missionary work is work. We walk a lot, we talk a lot, we learn a lot, and that's about it. Then we come home. Ha ha. It was a pretty normal week. Elder Rice and I did a LOT of walking this week. We explored a part of our area that, I think, has never been touched by missionaries. It was cool to explore new houses and people, and we were along the coast on a jungle pathway the whole time, so it was cool to see the iguanas, and cows, and goats, and stuff as we walked. I'll try and add some pictures.

We're pretty isolated here on St. Vincent. If you look at the picture of a map of St. Vincent, you can see what I'm talking about. Our area is from Calliaqua all the way to the Northern side of the island. I've only gone as far as Georgetown. Our are is the biggest one on the island, so sometimes we're CLEAR in the heck out there. It's pretty fun sometimes. Our area is also the prettiest. We have the nicest beaches, the coolest jungle, and the most scenic part of the island. We can see the island of St. Lucia from Georgetown (the northern side of the island). I love it.

Oh....I guess there is some exciting news....I talked to my mission president while I was in Barbados for Zone Conference. He was talking to me about the areas that I've served and how I've liked the mission so far. Anyways, we got talking about lessons that we've learned in the mission, and I told him that I wanted to be more thankful and more humble by the end of my mission. He sat there for a little bit, and then told me that I would most likely be going to Guyana next transfer. He told me that going to Guyana for the rest of my mission would definitely help me to be more thankful and more humble. That would be awesome! I guess He still has to converse with the Lord, but it would be cool if I went to Guyana next transfer! I'll keep you posted. We still have a few weeks, so I'm going to try and help St. Vincent in the time I have left.

About the pictures....I just took some random ones as we walked this past week or two. I think I might look into coming to Young island on my honeymoon.....It may be really expensive though. I hope you like them! I'll try and get more next week!

I love ya tons!
Brad

Oh, PS. I'm going to be sending 2 packages home today. One I just need you to put somewhere safe for me, and the other one is for you and the family. It's not much, but I thought you guys might like a little reminder that I love ya. :)