December 10, 2012

BAPTISMS!

Mama,

I can't wait to hear where Ry is going to be for the next 18 months! I'm more excited for Rylee's call than I was for mine!! :)

This week went smoothly here in Guyana. We had a tough week number-wise, but things went well. Oh yeah, I thought I should let you know about transfers....I'm spending Christmas in Guyana! Elder Rollins and I are staying together for 6 more weeks. I'm still the District leader, and he's still the Zone Leader, so we're still in charge of the Guyana Zones. We also found out that next transfer is when a TON of new missionaries will be coming into this mission! There are supposed to be 60 more missionaries coming into the west indies in the next 6 weeks. Crazy!

Elder Rollins and I had two baptisms this week. Phelina Hamilton and Keiron Mahadeo. I may have told you last week about Keiron, but we re-activated his mother and we were led to teaching him. He's 11 years old. Phelina is only 9 years old. We baptised them on the same night, and they both asked me to baptise them. It was a fun night....especially because I forgot another white shirt, so i walked around the rest of that night with the right half of my body soaking wet.

On Saturday night we had a talent show in our branch. I borrowed a guitar from a member in another branch and played some songs. I added some pictures of it. Elder Rollins sang "Christmas shoes". The members have never heard that one.

A lot of our investigators dropped themselves this past week. They've been really busy getting ready for Christmas, so they haven't had time for us. We need to do a lot of finding so we can get more people to teach. It's crazy how fast your "teaching pool" can dry up. Elder Rollins says that Christmas was like this last year too. He's been in Guyana for almost 15 months. I guess we'll just have to try our best.

That's about all I have for now. I added some pictures from this last week. I hope you like them!

Love ya

Brad