December 18, 2012

SPIDER!!

Rylee! (And mama and fam :)

It's good to hear from you! I can't believe it's already time for another Christmas trip. It feels like you just went on the last one! Let me know how that goes!

I'm SO excited for your mission call! I'm also excited that you're actually dating someone! H ha it's about time! I approve of Justin too, so you can keep dating him. If he proposes to you, it would be something to really think about. We need more righteous, temple married, families in this world. Keep that in mind as your time is ticking down.

No, I didn't get the Christmas package yet. I'm hoping to get it within this week. I'll let you know if I get it.

This week was really rainy for us. We had a lot of appointments bail on us, and we ended up just walking around in the flooded streets of Guyana. It was still fun though. We're in a rough spot right now in our area, you'll know what this feels like soon, but all of our investigators dropped again, so we're in the process of finding more people to teach. That means lots of walking, lots of rejection, and lots of sweat. It's worth it though, because after all that, we find someone who really needs the gospel in their lives, and they make it worth it. Sometimes you just gotta keep walking until you find the silver lining. :)

I don't have a ton of time today because this computer is hard to use. The keyboard sticks, and the reaction time is slow. LAME! I'll try and write more next week. I added some pictures of the past week. I added a few of Elder Rollins and I crossing the Demerara River. We went to go visit the alligator man who lives on the other side, so I decided I'd take some pictures. The other pictures are just some random ones. Oh yeah! I almost forgot, last night, I was sound asleep and I woke up to a yell from Elder Rollins. He kept screaming "Elder Wilson! Elder Wilson! Wake up!!" I jumped up thinking someone was inside our house or something, and ran towards where he was yelling. It turns out that he had woken up to go to the bathroom, and had seen a GIANT kissing spider in the shower. This thing was like the size of a soccer ball wide. It was HUGE! It was black and brown and hairy and it was wicked fast! We tried to smash it, but it escaped somewhere in our house.............great. A giant, slightly venomous, fast spider is roaming around our house while I'm asleep........Fantastic.........

Love you guys!

Brad