I can't believe it's Christmas again! I woke up this morning, and was looking though my old letters, and I found all of the little notes that you had the family send me last year. I re-read them all, and it was a fun little way to remember all of the family. This week has been CRAZY! I think I've told you before, but our area is the "city" of Guyana. It's where all of the markets are and where everyone does their shopping. I bet you can guess where I'm going with this.....Our area was packed with people this week! Everyone was shopping for Christmas, so our numbers took a big hit. Elder Rollins and I had a blast though. We went into secret agent mode and we stealthily hid our cameras on our person. We filmed what it was like here in Georgetown. I can't send the videos, but I'll have to show you when I get home. It was crazy. Loud music, tons of cars, cross-dressers dancing in front of stores, people yelling, and crowds like it was black Friday or something.
I taught District meeting last week, and I had a fun idea. For the meeting, I decided that we would gift-wrap copies of the Book of Mormon and hand them out to the members to get them in the Christmas mood. I'll add some pictures. Elder Rollins and I had a fireside on Tuesday night, and we used that as our chance to hand out these gift-wrapped copies of the Book of Mormon. We taught about the real meaning of Christmas, and read the account of Christ's birth from Luke Chapter 2. We handed out nearly 20 copies, and have just started to get the referrals back from those same members. It was a great way to get the members exited about missionary work and to get referrals! :)
That's about all for now. I love you guys a ton, and I am excited to Skype with you tomorrow! I'll call you tomorrow morning and set up a time with you to get on, because I'm not too sure what our plans are for tomorrow.
Oh yeah! I have been reading in the Bible lately and have some new favorite verses. Look them up!
- Hebrews 11:1, 6 - Without faith, it is impossible to please God. (Use this one Rylee!!)
- Romans 1:16 - Not ashamed of the Gospel
- Isaiah 53: 3-5 - With His stripes, we are healed.
I love you guys! Have a merry Christmas and I'll talk to you tomorrow!
Brad
| A horse and buggy - we ride in these sometimes |
| One of the typical houses here in Guyana |
| Another typical house in Guyana - it makes me grateful for what we have! |
| A "skiddy-wompus" bridge here in Guyana - I'm surprised I haven't fallen in! |