Mama,
That's too bad that your week was so cold! It was dang hot here! It was a constant 85 degrees all week. I never stop sweating.
This week was pretty crazy. We had to travel to Suriname to make sure that Elder Rollins' passport stays legal. Suriname is about a 2 hour drive from our area, so on Thursday afternoon, we headed off. We got to Berbice (The poorest part of Guyana) at about 7:00 pm, and we decided to spend the night with some other Elders because it had taken longer that we thought to get there. We slept over with two other elders, taught a few lessons on splits, did some tie trading, and were asleep by 10:30. Elder Rollins and Elder Slaugh left at about 4:00 am so they could make it back sooner. They headed over to Suriname so they could get a stamp on their passport that would allow them to stay in Guyana for a few more months. We ended up heading back to our area at about 4:00 pm and didn't get home to Albouystown until about 7:00 pm. We had no solid plans, so we just made some calls, planned for the next day, and cleaned our apartment. We didn't want to leave because our area gets kind of sketchy at night. We played it safe.
We had a better week this week. We taught about 28 lessons, and had 3 investigators at church. Sunday was Elder Rollins's birthday, so I set up a surprise party for him. I told him that we had to go to a members to give her a blessing because she was feeling kind of sick. Little did he know, that I had already talked to other member families, and they were all waiting inside. Sis. Meredith, the "sick" lady, let him in, and everyone jumped out and scared Elder Rollins. It was great because he thought that everyone had forgotten him. His family didn't even remember that it was his birthday. WE had cake and ice cream, and spent an hour or so talking to the members. It was a fun night.
Other than that, this week was pretty normal. I've been pretty tired lately and a little sore, but I think that it's because of the rapid weather changes this place has. It can change from 85 degrees and blazing hot, to 60 degrees and pouring rain. I had some bad headaches this week and I think it was because of those weather changes. That's a hard one to avoid.
Yes, the package had everything in it. Thank you! I bought a few souvenirs for you guys! I got the Korta for dad that he said he wanted. I also got some cool things for you and the girls, so it will be a fun surprise when I come back.
I don't have pictures to send this week. Sorry!!! I didn't take many this week because we were so busy. I'll try and take more this upcoming week. I love you guys tons!!
Love,
Brad