Mama!
The member who you talked to is President Pooran. (Poo-Raw-n). He talked to me on Sunday and told me that he had talked to you. He saw me in the hallway at the church and called out to me, "Elder Wilson! Is your moms name Jodi Dahl Wilson?" I turned and looked at him with an expression that probably looked like, "What the heck?! How do you know my mom's name??!" I was confused and responded "Yes. How did you know that?" Then he told me about facebook and how he talked to you and one of his old mission friends. It was a cool experience.
It's good to hear from you again. This week has been a little crazy and stressful! No worries, I'm still in good spirits, but transfer week seems to push you just over the limit. We got our transfer calls. Elder Rollins is going to Barbados. He's going to be serving in Black Rock. It's an area that I am pretty familiar with. He's excited to finally get out of Guyana and see an island. I, on the other hand, am staying here in Albouystown, Guyana. I actually do not know who my companion is yet....I know that sounds weird, but President Mehr doesn't know who I will be with. I was informed that I will be serving with a "mini-missionary" or a "Temporary" missionary. Serving with a mini missionary is a rough situation. I have heard stories of Elders that have served with mini missionaries, and they scare me a little bit. The mini missionary will be Guyanese for sure. Elder Rollins served with a mini missionary who couldn't read, and who didn't want to be there. It made his transfer really tough. I'm nervous because this area is tough as it is. I guess the Lord needs me to learn something really badly....because he just keeps on pushing me. I'm still the district leader, and we'll be getting some new missionaries in a few weeks. The MTC's timing schedule isn't coordinated with my mission anymore because of all the new missionaries that are coming in. President Mehr told me that I very well could be training a new missionary in a few weeks as soon as they come in. I may be getting a transfer call again in a week or two. As I've served, I've realized that I usually get put in tough situations. It seems to me like I get harder companions or harder transfers than some of the other missionaries around me. That will sound biased, but it's true. Every single returned missionary can tell you of an area in their mission that was considered "tough". Apparently the Lord needs me to be tougher, because I keep getting sent to each of those areas.
Elder Rollins and I have been visiting a lot of members lately because he wanted to tell them goodbye. It's been good though, because it's really helping me to know more members around this area. Getting transferred is always tough, and it just gets harder and harder. It's a pretty bittersweet experience. It's sad to leave the people that you've grown to love, but on the other hand, you're way excited to see another part of the mission or meet a new companion. That's kind of how it's felt this past week. It's hard to explain unless you've served a mission.
I don't have much more than that today. I love this mission. I'm so glad that I decided to serve. Thank you mom and dad for helping me to get here. I love you guys tons!
Love,
Brad