First thing I want to address... You are not a loser! Don't EVER say that! Dont compare yourself to other moms around you. I love you more than you will ever know, and it really wouldn't bother me if I didn't get any packages at all! I am glad that you even remember me out here and are willing to take the time out to send me a little package once in a while. So pLeAsE, dont ever compare yourself to people like that. Just remember that your son loves you more that you know. I have not received that package yet, but it should be here within next week.
It souds like you had a fun week! It's so weird that it's already Thanksgiving! And Kelsey is getting married!! Holy cow! Time is just flying by out here. We're getting ivited over to members houses here because everyone wants to feed us! We already have 4 appointments for Christmas Dinner!! I'm gonna be fat! It sounds like that conference thing was pretty good. I love listening to speakers like that now, especially conference! (Yes, I listened very intently this conference and DIDN"T fall asleep! :)) What you said about knowledge and righteousness is very true. I learned quickly out here that if we want to get more knowledge and responsibility, we need to be righteous/prepared enough to receive that responsibility.
Lots of fruit is coming back into season! I love it here for that reason! I have had fresh bananas and mangoes right from the tree! Have you ever had a banana fresh picked from the tree? I didn't think so! It's amazingly delicious! :) ha ha, I'm a dork....:)
I had a cool experience this week...So I think i've told you before that the Vans/busses/transport service here is pretty crazy. They drive fast, pack the seats full of people, and play LOUD music with lots of bass. Anyways...on Thursday, one of our members named Bro. Drakes told us that he wanted to come out and help us teach some people. Now Bro. Drakes isn't the most ideal person to take teaching with us due to some physical disablities....(He doesn't have full use of his legs which means he walks really slow, and he is a little bit "slower" due to an accident which left him a little paralyzed.) But we took him out anyways, and I learned a valuable lesson....I was a little bit vexed when we got on a van to go to an investigators home. I thought to myself:
"...This is going to waste tons of time. We should just tell him to come out another time when we have the car..."
And then it hit me. As I was sitting in the van, I looked at Bro. Drakes & a scripture came to my head. It reads,
"...For the Lord seeth not as man seeth, for a man looketh on the outward appearance, but the lord looketh on the heart." -1 Samuel 16:7
I began to cry in the back of the van. How could I have been so ignorant? My pride caused me to overlook this man's willing heart and desire to spread the gospel and build God's kingdom, all because I wanted to save time. I felt horrible. I took a good look at Brother Drakes, and then began to pray. I pleaded with Heavenly Father to forgive me for being so ignorant and so judgemental, and asked that I can try harder to look at the heart of a man rather that his outward appearance. I was taught an important lesson, and was humbled, all while sitting in the back of a van. What a coincidence that I learned a spiritual lesson in such a non-spiritual environment. We got 2 new investigators that day who are working towards baptism because of Brother Drakes willing heart and desire to help us spread the gospel.
Elder George and I have been trying to be more creative in our proselyting lately. We have been making church CD's, posters for the members to remind them to pray and have F.H.E., and other cool ideas like that, and we've been seeing a lot of success. It really is great out here. All the sheep, dogs, cats, iguanas, lizards, and other animals had their babies recently, so there are TONS of cute little animals running around the country side. I'm doing to get a picture of a little baby mountain sheep out here so I can let you see how cute they are.
I got some souvenirs and some cool things for the kids out here. I'm going to send them in a package tomorrow hopefully. I got a few misc things like a thimble for Kam, a Rasta Shot-glass for Coleman, a Shirt for Lex, some Leather hand made sandals for Ry, and some other key chains and misc stuff for you and the kids. I'll try to print off some pictures and send them as well. It's not much, but PLEASE just make sure that the kids know that the presents don't matter as much as the fact that their older brother loves them a TON!
Oh yeah....Transfers are going to be a little bit different this transfer. A few missionaries got sent home, and got moved around because they weren't getting along with their companions in other countries in the West Indies, so Tranfers are going to be this Saturday. I should get my trasnfer call this Wed or Thurs, and I could possibly be transfered before I e-mail you next week. Just a heads-up. I'm probably going to be staying with Elder George for another tranfer here because we're getting along and doing really well here in Calliaqua.
Other than that...I'm still healthy and happy. the members here keep on telling us that E. George and I are their favorite missionaries in St. Vincent, so we're having lots of success with referrals from all the members. We are well taken care of out here. I have some pictures to add today. Nothing fantastic or exciting, just some misc pictures of the villages and the people out here. I'm going to Wailaboo Bay today with my Zone today. It's where they filmed Pirates of the Caribbean and they left lots of the set up there! I should have some cool pictures next week!
I love you tons mama! I didn't realize how perfect of a mother God let me have until I had to leave you. I hope you're doing great! I'll be able to call you in no time! :) LoVe Ya lOvE yA!! :)
Love,
Elder Wilson