November 7, 2011

No snow here!

Mom,

It sounds like you had a great week! Its crazy that to think that it's November and there's no snow! Its getting warm again here. Mango's are coming back into season! Woo hoo! I'm glad to hear that the kids are doing good, especially in school. Someone must have set a good example or something....;). I can't believe Ry is going to be a CNA. That will be pretty cool! I bet she'll do good at that. I recently decided that I want to be a Vet when I get back home. I Think it would be great to work with animals when I get back home. Its a good thing I still have a while to think about it.... Wow, that was a lot of random sentences in one paragraph. Ha ha

About Christmas, I call on the 25th and I have 45 minutes to 1 hour to talk to you and the family. That's going to be so cool! As we get closer to Christmas, I can give you more information and specifics.
PACKAGES ARE EXPENSIVE HERE. So as much as I would love a package, If you just send cash. That'd be great. I could send home some christmas presents for the kids. I have some sea shells, and some other little souvenirs I could send home that they'd love.

This week was a weird one....Last Monday, a man named Wayne had us come over. We've been seeing him for about 3 weeks now, and he seemed to be pregressing. Come to find out.....He really believes that Elder George and I are CIA agents, and he wnts to get employed with the same company we're with. (He used to be a police officer). He even gave us his resume and his credentials. no matter how much we try to convince him that we're volunteer missionaries, he still believes that we work for the CIA. :/

We also taught a woman named Shirley. She just showed up at our church one day, and was in our area, so we get to work with her.e Anyways, we went to her Roti hut (Food shop) on Wednesday to meet with her. We taught the restoration. During the lesson, the spirit became so strong, that all 3 of us were in tears. I've never felt it that strong before. She truly is prepared to receive this gospel. She accapted a baptism date for the 26th of this month.

Elder George and I played some pool at a members bar this week and I beat him 3 times in a row. Ha ha. Lots of people show up there, so we got some good advertising from how good I played. :) I Bought a cutlass this week too! (AKA Machete) We do LOTS of service for the members here, and we always had to borrow a cutlass from someone else, so I finally decided to buy one of my own! I'll be bring it home with me. I found a road called "Wilson Lane" as you will see in the picture. And I'll add one or two of me by the beach for the christmas card. It's good to hear from you mama!

I love you TONS! I'm glad that you and the family are doing well.

OH YEAH! MOM, PLEASE SEND ME SOME RECIPIES that are from back home. I want some good ones to make for me and my companion, and I also want some for a "Culture night" We have coming up in a little while. Can you please send me the recipe of the casserole you make that I love?? (The one with stuffing, peas, and other stuff in it?) Thank you mama!

I love you guys! I'll talk to ya in about a month!

Elder Wilson