This week was a cool week! I want to start off by telling you that we had a baptism! His name is Flavius Mandela Byron (Aka Romeo). He got baptized yesterday right after church. The ocean was calm and the water was so warm! It was crystal clear too, so it was a really cool experience. He asked me to baptize him, and don't worry, I added pictures. :)
We did pretty well this week. The past few weeks we've been struggling to get lessons and find people to teach, but this week was better. On Friday, we had ZERO plans whatsoever. Everyone bailed on us. So we ate an early lunch, and at about 12:00 noon we headed out. I packed my bag full of copies of the Book of Mormon (I had 16 in my bag and Elder Yockey had 5), and we went to town. We walked through the heart of Vieux-Fort town and talked to as many people as possible. By 2:30pm we had taught about 10 Book of Mormon lessons and handed out all of the copies that we had packed. We have lots of people who we can go and see now. :)
My lupus didn't act up at all this week. Usually I struggle to get up before my companion, but this week I woke up before Elder Yockey 4 or 5 times. I felt pretty good the entire week. Hopefully it stays this way.
Oh yeah, I have a funny story about this week. . . . On Friday, at about 4:00 pm, Elder Yockey and I were in a shanti town (A little town where everything is really ghetto), talking to people. A Man called out to us and told us that we weren't welcomed here and that we should go back to where we came from because we hated black people. (He was drunk, we could smell it on his breath....bleh...) Anyways, we were really friendly to him and listened to him as he vented, and then we reassured him that we really loved it here and that we were here to help people come closer to our Heavenly Father. His facial expression all of the sudden changed, and he was friendly towards us. He then said something that was HILARIOUS... He said "I accept you into our community. You're black and you're black (Pointing to me and E. Yockey), you're no longer white, and we accept you here." Ha ha, We told him that we apreciated it, and then we were trying to leave the scene, but he wanted to shake our hands like 5 times. One of the times he shook my hand, he pulled me in close (kind of like the half hand-shake hugs that guys do) and told me that it was etiquette to put my cheek to his cheek. then I felt something touch the back of my neck and I realized that he was KISSING ME!!!! This crazy drunk vagrant guy kissed me on the street. BLEK!! Elder Yockey almost died laughing.......Oh well, good memories huh?
I got a call from President Gamiette, and he told me that he might need to Emergency Transfer me to a different part of St. Lucia. He told me that a companionship was struggling and he wanted me to take the place of one of the companionships. It's not for sure yet, but I may be moving to another part of St. Lucia in a few days. It's kind of weird though, because transfers are in one and a half weeks, but I'll keep you posted on what happens.
I'm doing great mama, No worries at all. Tell everyone I say hi.
PS. The picture of the spider is a Kissing Spider. The ones that sit on your mouth as you sleep......Freaky huh.....? Don't worry we squished it....:) They're fast suckers though.
Love ya!!
Elder Wilson