June 25, 2012

Headed back to St. Vincent

Mama!

I'm not transferred yet.....I get transferred on Wednesday.....My flight leaves at 6:30 am....and I am going BACK to St. Vincent! Woo Hoo! Elder George is still there, so I'll get to see him around. I will be serving in Kingstown. (It is the same address that you had when I was in Calliaqua so you can just send my mail today or tomorrow and I'll get it sooner.) I will be serving with Elder Makanani, who is also from the French side. He's the Zone leader, and going back to the french side in about 6 weeks, so they're probably sending me to take his place in a few weeks. He's a Polynesian and weighs about 320 pounds.....I'm going to have a bodyguard for a few weeks. :)

This week was pretty crazy. Elder Hunt and I have been getting along well. We're both leaving Castries, so we've been saying goodbye to a lot of the members that we've gotten to know. I added some pictures of a few of the members, and just some random funny ones for you and that family to see.

I've been doing really well. I found out something cool.....in our Castries apt. we have Air Conditioning (REALLY RARE!!), and I found out that if I put a drop of two of melaluca or Lavender INSIDE the air conditioner, that it diffuses it into the air and helps me and my companion sleep better. It's a pretty cool discovery.

We played ultimate frisbee today and got cut up a little bit. The ground was hard from the scorches of the sun, and when we fell or dove, we got cut up. It was still way fun though.

We built a dog house, and a new bench for one of our recent converts named Nadia. She's really cool. She is pretty poor like most of the people here, and her house is almost falling apart. So Elder Hunt and I volunteered to help her re-build some stuff. We built a really cool bench about 10 feet long in her front yard, and built a dog house to hold her 2 dogs. We're going to repair her stairs tomorrow. I love doing service here. It's funny, because as people pass, and see us helping out, they ask questions to Nadia, which means that we get referrals. :) Woo Hoo!

Other than that, I'm going really well. The New Mission President comes in in a few days, and President Gamiette is going back to Guadeloupe. That will be weird to have a new mission president. It will be cool to see what changes he makes. I'll keep you posted though.

I love you guys. I'm doing fine, and I'm still living and teaching the gospel. Quit worryin'.

:)

Brad