March 11, 2013

Going to Grenada!

Mama,

This week has been a little crazy! First of all....I don't have much time today because I have a plane flight that leaves in a few hours. I am going to Grenada! I am going to be training a new missionary named Elder Jeppsen from Sandy, Utah. It's crazy! I thought for sure I would spend my last few transfers here in Guyana, but I guess not! My bags are packed and our apartment is cleaned, because Elder Riese is also leaving. He's finally going to Suriname.

We spent a lot of our time this week visiting members, and preparing to leave. We are supposed to normally leave for transfers on a Wednesday, but for some reason, President Mehr wants us to go early. I'm not sure why. So we only had 3 days to pack and say our goodbyes. It was crazy hectic! As soon as the branch found out I was leaving, we got calls from the members and all of them wanted us to visit one last time! We had like 20 appointments in the past 2 or 3 days. I'm glad we got to see all of them though.

About my release date....My release date from the Mission is May 29th, 2013. I just wanted to wait to tell you because I know you'll make me keep thinking about it. Dang it....thanks a lot Sis. Pugh.... ha ha. I liked them a lot though. I spent 3 or 4 days with them, and Dr. Pugh and I talked about possible careers in optometry. He teaches classes at BYU and he said that he could try and help me get in. So I'll have to look into that when I get back home. He mentioned that he would need someone to take over his business in a few years, and offered me a partnership if that's what I decided to go into. Dad's advice is really good. Remember back home how he always talked about making good relationships and having connections? I guess it's working. Thanks Dad!

That's about all for now. I have some fun pictures of Guyana this week for you. I gotta get going, but I love you and I'm doing great! I'll talk to you again soon!

Love ya,

Brad