This week went alright. Elder Jeppson and I have been having a lot of fun. We found a lot of new investigators, and the work is finally starting to pick up. It's tough blanking an area as a trainer! We worked a lot with members this week, and they took us around to all of the investigators that the missionaries used to teach before we got there. It was really helpful.
We've been spending a lot of time lately playing with little kids and just being ourselves to everyone around us. I played Cricket with a really good team (and scored 11 runs which is pretty good for a pick up game!), and I played soccer with a bunch of 12 - 16 year olds a few days ago. It has made a pretty good impact on the people here. People have been walking up to us and will talk about how they saw me score a goal in my shirt and tie. I have been thinking a lot about Dad's story about the Man who he had to get his check from every month, and how he played him in a volleyball match. When you are really new to an area (This area has only been open to Missionaries for about 1 year), It's really important to show people that you're just a normal guy, who is having fun sharing the gospel. We've seen the impact it has had, and we're excited to keep finding more and more people who have connections. That is what should help us the most here.
I'm adding some pictures today. Now you'll know what my trainee looks like. These are just some misc. pictures that I took this past week. Some are of the landscape here in Grenville, and some are of the city and town. The village of Grenville is about 3 blocks x 3 blocks around. It's a really small town with only a few clothing shops, one small grocery store, and some other misc shops (Like a tire shop, a fish market, barber, and phone shop). It's super tiny. I bet you could fit all of Grenville inside of the Provo Town Center. I like it here though.
That's about all for now! We're working hard and having a blast!
I love you guys!
- Brad