Yes, I saw that e-mail you sent to me about the comment that he left. I'm excited to see that I left a good impression on him. That makes me feel really good. :)
This week was really good. We had a crazy busy week. First of all, 5 Eye doctors from Utah came to do a vision service project here in the Georgetown area. They came to do eye exams and give out free glasses that scouts had collected for their Eagle Scout projects. We gave around 2000 people glasses! Needless to say....the church got some great recognition and we got a ton of contacts and referrals. WE have 3 more people who will be baptized in a few weeks. It was a great way to offer a service and do missionary work. Mosiah 2:41. :)
I'm sorry that I didn't take many pictures this week. We were really busy working, and getting this area ready for next transfer. We get our transfer calls this Saturday, so next week I'll be able to tell you what's happening. I will probably be staying because Elder Riese is supposed to be on the Dutch side, so I am assuming I will get a new companion because of all the new missionaries coming in. I'll let you know next week though.
We had a cool experience this week. We got a call on Wednesday morning from the West Indies Mission 1st Counselor. He told us that he had someone for us to teach and that he had already approved it with President Mehr for us to teach him. Then he told us that we would be traveling to Linden to teach him. (Linden is about 2 hours away from our actual proselyting area). We found out that President Goodluck (The W.I.M. 1st Counselor) had requested that Elder Riese and I teach this man and baptize him. So we headed down on Friday to go and visit this man by the name of Bro. Featherstone. We found out that he was a 7th day Adventist Preacher for almost 30 years, and that he had never REALLY agreed with what he was preaching. He told us about his deep personal studies in the bible, and how he knew that there HAD to be something more out there. One day he met with a Senior Couple as they were passing through Linden (Because there are currently no missionaries there.), and they left him with a Book of Mormon. He then told us of a cool experience he had with the Book of Mormon. He said something which reminded me of Joseph Smith's experience. He said that he had been looking for the truth, and couldn't find it in any other church. When he was given the book of Mormon, he began to read and prayed about it. He then told us that one night, he was standing by his table with the Book of Mormon laying open on the desk. He had just finished praying, when he says that there was a bright yellow-gold light that was coming from the book of Mormon. He told us that it was not like a normal light from the sun, it was more brilliant that he had ever seen. When we later recited the First Vision, he stopped me and pointed to the picture that I was showing him, and said "That was the light that I saw on the Book of Mormon. It looked just like that." We completed the lesson, and he is getting baptized on the 16th. :)
I don't know what I did to get all of these golden investigators so suddenly, but I'm glad that I have the opportunity to teach these people who are prepared to hear the Restored Gospel. This Gospel is true. I've seen the effect that it has on peoples lives, and I know that what I'm teaching really is the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I love you all. Here's a few pictures from this past week. Love ya!
Brad
![]() |
| Elder Wilson with Dr & Sis. Pugh |



