First of all, I'm sorry that you did not get an e-mail on Monday. It was "Grand Kadooment Day" which is the end of Crop over (A MAJOR holiday for Barbados). Anyways, for this holiday, everyone wears skimpy little bikinis and lots of people run around naked in a big parade, so we avoided town on Mon and Tues. I bet you were worried sick when you didn't see an e-mail. Some elders say that that is going to happen occasionally, so don't be worried. I WILL send one eventually. As for the pictures last week, I'm sorry everyone, but the computers here are really iffy sometimes. It wouldn't attach any, and then my time was up! I apologize, but I'll try to send a few today.
My new companion is pretty cool. His name is Elder Winzenried (I might have told you that last week) but he's been out on his mission for a while. He heads back home in October. We get along pretty well, but he "pillow talks" (He thinks that laying down in bed and trying to sleep means "time to discuss everything we did today") I usually fall asleep anyways after about 15 minutes, but he's kept me up for an hour or two a few times.
It rained a TON here too! Our roads were flooded and the streets looked like rivers! The water got so high in some places, that the tires of cars were completely under water. Like 2 feet deep!! Needless to say, my pants and shoes got wet, and now they stink, so I gotta go and get me some foot powder stuff like I had back home.
This week really hasn't been too eventful. I'm still teaching people, I'm still preparing people for baptism, we still walk lots, and we still talk to almost everyone we see. That'll be a constant my entire mission. :) We stayed inside on P-day just 2 days ago, so I don't have any cool stories about touring the island or cool new pictures, but we probably will tour the island again next week.
I have been studying the scriptures TONS! And its really cool to me, because now I have more of a desire to search them and use them for my investigators. Not that I did not have a desire before, its just that scripture study now has taken on a more important role in my everyday life.
President Gamiette comes here to Barbados on Thursday for our Zone Conference. It will be good to see him, and listen to the lesson he has for us. He's such a cool President. His broken English still cracks me up every time I hear him speak.
Well Today isn't a P-day, so I have to get back to the Lords work. I love you all! Be safe!
Elder Wilson