August 22, 2011

School Already?!?


Mom,
School already?!? Holy crap! I cant believe how fast that came! It's so weird not having to worry about stuff like that while I'm out here. I now have to worry about how to help investigators and how to be a good example at ALL times to the people of Barbados. I never realized how many people actually watch the missionaries. People say they see us everywhere.
I miss our family church dinners a TON! That picture you sent me of all of the kids at the table was my favorite meal! But, we have a lady in the branch, Sister Waldron, who feeds us every week after church. She is such a good cook! I'm still eating some weird stuff out here. I've had Breadfruit (Almost tastes like a potato, but it grows on a tree), I have eaten shark and dolphin (DELICIOUS!), frog (Weird...),  bakes (Sort of like a scone, but different. I'll have to make them when I get back home), and I eat tons of curry! I'm definately going to make some curry for you guys when I get back home. Its spicy, and messy, but its delicious! 
It rained a ton today, so we didn't get together this morning. We got up, ate, got ready, and came to Bridgetown. Thats where I'm at now. Unfortunately, these are the sucky computers and I dont know if I'm going to be able to send pictures again this week....I dont have many new ones anyways because we haven't really gone anywhere new in the past few weeks. I'll try to save some time and i'll get on a computer in Oistins to send you some pictures. Hopefully it'll work out there. 
Thats crazy that Ry finally decided to get a car! I thought she never was going to get one! Tell her to not wreck this one....because it will leave a dent....:) The people here drive crazy! They are on the left side of the road, and the steering wheels are on the right side, so I get really confused when I drive. It's a little bit scary. There's no speed limits either! There isn't a speed limit sign anywhere! I haven't seen even one! So some people go slow, and some people just drag race down the streets. Also, people honk at you a lot. But here, when people honk at you, its a "thanks" rather than a "Drive faster ya idiot" like in the states.
Coleman! I'm proud of ya buddy! That's way cool that you can tie your own tie! I'm going to have to teach you some other cool ways when I get back! Keep practicing. You shouldn't leave your bike behind the car though. Mom likes to run things over. When you get the new one, be sure to treat it nice and put it away after you're finished riding it.
Stupid kids that paintballed our house! I woulda chased them down. It all came off though right? only a few dents? Hopefullly it didn't mess up our mailbox....Dad would be ticked!
A few of the missionaries and I had a wrestling tournament a few days ago. There were six of us that decided to have this tournament. I am the smallest in the group, and guess who won? That's right, Elder Wilson did. Now they all want me to teach them some stuff I learned at Throwdown and we'll have another wrestling tournament later.
Oh yeah! You guys must have prayed for Shantelle and Kim right?? They both accepted dates for baptism on the 30th this month! I'm so excited that they are going to know what the Holy Ghost feels like! Kim is going to be such a good member for the branch out here. I love that lady! She always wants to help with meals, and teach lessons, and pray, and set up family home evenings, and she's not even a member yet! Woo hoo!
Missionary work is going great. The transfer is over next week, so I'll probably be getting a new companion. There's 18 new missionaries coming in to the West indies, so I very well could be training a newbie next transfer...I'll be sure to keep you posted! I'll still try to send some pictures a little bit later today, but I'm sorry if I cant! 
I love ya tons! Keep reading the Book of Mormon as a family. Really help the kids get into it. I never took it very seriously, until I figured out that I really need the Spirit with me to help teach these Bajan's effectively. I am also 100 percent sure that this is the TRUE church of God on the earth today. Me, E. Meredith, E. Call, and E. Winzenried were invited to a spiritual baptist church. We went just yesterday. I guess I was really in tune with the spirit, because I felt sick to my stomach, got a headache, and a freaky feeling being in that place. We then went to our church and I felt peace again. Note to anyone reading this letter: NEVER VISIT A SPIRITUAL BAPTIST CHURCH! We only visited so that the people there would see us, and maybe talk with us or visit our church one day. Hopefully that seed was planted on good ground!
Love ya Love ya!
Elder Wilson