This week went by so fast! It just seems like my mission is going faster and faster every dang week! I'm working my tail off to try and stay focused, but it's hard when everyone is reminding you that you're coming home so soon! I'm doing great though!
We had an investigator at church yesterday. Her name is Yvette. She has prayed and got an answer that she says "I cannot deny". She wants to get baptized before I leave, so she set her own date for May the 4th. (The last Saturday of my mission). I'm super excited. If all goes well, I could help one more person just a few days before I get home. She has 2 daughters (Rockelle 21 years old, and Leonette 19 years old.) They both said that they would follow their answer if they got one, and said they'd be at church next week. Leonette is SUPER smart. She's read a lot of the Book of Mormon already, and can answer most of the questions we ask about it. She would be a strong addition to the branch here. She's very outspoken and outgoing, and she isn't afraid of what others think of her. She said something funny on Friday when we last taught them. I wrote it in my planner because I thought it was so awesome. She said "Can I still listen to Nicki Minaj after I'm batptized?" I responded, It's up to you. If you think that it is still okay to listen to, then you're welcome to keep listening." She thought for a second and then replied, "I will not listen to Nicki Minaj ever again! I will make that sacrifice!" She then accepted to be baptized. Ha ha.
We went to a Seventh Day Adventist Crusade yesterday. It was actually the best one I've ever been to. We got invited by a few of our investigators, and I thought It'd be good to let Elder Jeppson see what we're really up against. The Pastor spoke....well...yelled, about the importance of keeping the Law of Chastity. He related the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, and talked about a lot of the issues that are going on on the island and back in the states currently. Surprisingly, most of what he said was correct, as to our standards. We got called up to the front of the whole audience (Approx 150 people) and got to introduce ourselves. I hope it left a good impression on someone in that audience, so maybe our foot is in the door for a teaching opportunity somewhere down the road. Elder Jeppson was scared to death the whole time. He looked like he was trapped in a horror house. Ha ha ha.
Oh yeah! One more story.....So we have a recent convert in our area named Jasian. She has two little girls named Jonelle and Jehnieya (10 yrs and 5 yrs). We were at their house, and I mentioned that we had eaten pancakes for breakfast. I found out that they had never tasted pancakes!!! So we went out and bought the mix and some syrup, and I cooked a bunch of pancakes for them. They LOVE them! They watched me very intently as I made them, so they can make them when I'm gone. I added a picture of us in their house, so now you'll know the story behind it. :)
Well, That's about all for now! I'm adding some other random pictures from last week. We're going to the beach again for P-Day, so I'll try and get some good pictures for you! I love you! See you soon!
Brad